MATES SITE ACCREDITATION
How to become an accredited site
Every construction site is eligible to achieve MATES in Construction ‘Accredited’ status.
For the site to be awarded ‘Accredited’ status it would meet the following criteria:
- all the available workforce including administration staff must have received General Awareness Training (GAT)
- the proportion of the workforce that has received General Awareness Training (GAT) must be maintained at a minimum of 80% as the workforce transitions in and out of the project or site
- the site must have a minimum of one CONNECTOR for every twenty workers throughout the different levels and contractors on site, and
- the site must have access to an ASIST trained resource. (This can be administered through MATES NZ).
When a site has achieved these criteria, they will qualify for accreditation which delivers the following:
- they will be presented with a Certificate of Accreditation by MATES in Construction, preferably at a site gathering
- they will receive a MATES in Construction logo that can be used on all communications
- signage can be used that states this is a MATES in Construction ‘Accredited’ site and one that takes its responsibility for workers mental wellbeing and safety seriously
- slides that can be incorporated into site inductions to let new workers know this is a MATES in Construction workplace
- ongoing support from MATES in Construction Relationship Manager/Field Officer and Case Manager to look after sites, conduct training activities, support and CONNECTORS and provide face-to-face and phone counselling to workers.
MATES in Construction Accreditation Saint Mary's Bay site Another MATES in Construction Accreditation celebration for the whānau here at MATES. We’re excited to announce another MATES our partners at McConnell Dowell at their Saint Mary’s Bay Site, have gained...
MATES Accreditation at Beachcroft Apartments site for Teak Construction Our Field Officers B and Ben were joined by Kevin and our Partners at Teak Construction Group as we presented their Beachcroft Apartment Site’s Accreditation Award. Teak’s Beachcroft site joins...
MATES in Construction New Zealand's first site-based Accreditation We were up bright and early this morning to join the team from Premium Partner Hawkins as we presented our very first site-based Accreditation Award. 10 Madden Street was one of the very first sites...