Coping with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak
MATES has prepared online resources on coping with stress during the Covid-19 outbreak in New Zealand.
During these uncertain times of stress and worry, mental health support and suicide prevention training are more important than ever.
MATES in Construction is still offering our General Awareness and Connector Training for sites and companies so that your team understands how they can support each other over this time: “MATES helping MATES”.
To address any concerns you have about bringing large groups together at this time:
- We are staying connected with all guidelines set by Ministry of Health, using them to work with you to ensure the safety of your workers whilst we deliver our General Awareness and Connector Training.
- MATES Field Officers will work with you to minimise group sizes, looking at options of where we can deliver sessions safely on site.
- We have also produced a poster for you to use on sites or in your office – see below – offering:
- Guidance and tips on how to look after yourself on site and off site.
- The support of our 0800 111 315 helpline.
We will be delivering the Coping with Stress During Covid-19 Outbreak posters out to MATES In Construction sites and partner organisations shortly, but if you’d also like one, or you’d like us to provide you with support in any other way, please contact us on 09 302 0535 or 0800 111 315.